Build a Drop-Leaf (Corner) Table
|This beautiful little drop-leaf table is versatile. With the leaf down the table fits neatly in a corner, against a wall, or behind a sofa. With the leaf up it becomes a perfectly sized card table or dining table for two. Most importantly, it has a lot of wonderful features that are sure to build your woodworking skills.|
Here’s a list of topics for the week:
- Shaping cabriole legs—bandsawing compound curves and shaping four identical legs
- Constructing a wooden hinge for the drop-leaf—making the barrel of the hinge and fitting the apron to the leg
- Joining acute angles for two of the three corners
- Shaping a rule joint (for the edges of the adjoining leaves)
- Fitting hinges on a rule joint
- Shaping and carving the decorative notched corners
Prerequisite: Woodworking Essentials. The Drop-Leaf (Corner) Table is a very challenging project that requires considerable handtool skills. We want you to be prepared for this advanced course so that you will gain the most from your experience.
Note: The shop is air conditioned for your comfort!
Class size is limited to eight woodworking students so that you'll receive personal attention and instruction.